YOUR ONE STOP SOURCE FOR
Fibre Glass Solutions
Troop Seats and Canopy Supports
When the U.S. military identified deteriorating, warped and splintered troop seats in the their 2.5-ton transport vehicles, they needed a practical alternative. They replaced the wooden fold-down seats with a fiberglass reinforced plastic from Engineered Structures.
When it comes to military equipment, dependability is critical. Every component has to stand up to harsh climates and punishing use. The U.S. military and Army Corps of Engineers have specified Engineered Structures fiberglass shapes in several projects because they won't corrode, warp or rot. And because structural FRP is strong yet lightweight, it leaves more capacity available for critical loads like troops and supplies.
Troop seats, walkways, handrails, stairs and platforms are a few examples. FRP profiles perform in a wide range of climates and temperatures for maximum long-term value.
- High strength-to-weight ratio — frees up capacity
- Corrosion resistant — won't warp, rot, rust or bow
- Safety — won't conduct electricity, and nonslip surfaces are available
- Humidity resistant — no shrinking or swelling
- Low radar signature — non-magnetic and contains no metal
- RF transparent — doesn't interfere with radio waves
- Low maintenance — molded-through color does not require painting
- Long-lasting — lower lifetime cost than traditional building materials